Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

The Beautiful Pinecrest!

My labor day weekend was great! Some of the highlights for me were kayaking, hiking, log balancing, and playing Blokus!

Nieces Jaycie and Lia playing by the lake

Little man Nolan's first hike!

Katie and Melissa kayaking! Joel and I loved this. We pretended we were in the Olympics =) I think Joel's favorite part was splashing me and rocking the kayak.

What a great hike! I enjoyed it once Joel held Kaylee, so I didn't have to worry about tripping with her. Joel says he must have been a mountain goat in another life =) He had great balance with her.

Monkey bug

My sweet Kaylee

Blokus: The best game ever. Man, I need to play that again soon! Savages, next time we get together, game on!

I love the closeness that can come when we set aside everyday distractions and just spend quality time together.


1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! As for ASL, I want to become an interpreter. :)