Sunday, October 11, 2009

"There's a first time for everything."

This weekend was very nice. It started out with Kaylee taking her very first steps! So far, she has only walked to mommy, but it won't be long before we are chasing after her! I tried to get a recording of it, but she wanted the camera so badly that whenever she saw it she started crying because I wouldn't give it to her. Our next goal is to get her to walk for daddy and then we can get it on camera.
Here she is another day reaching for the camera =)
Wow, Kaylee got her own seat on BART on our way to SF (for the amount of time it took me to take this picture =).

We also got to see the Blue Angels fly for the first time in San Francisco. Kaylee loved watching the planes do tricks.


After the air show, we met up with Chelsea and Matt, some of our BYU friends. It was soooo good to see them and catch up a bit. We ate at a great sandwich shop in the Castro District called "Ike's Place". For those of you who don't know, there are a lot of homosexuals there. So, when the waitress brought out our sandwiches, she thought Matt and Joel were together. Yuck! I guess they never know in that part of SF.
Chelsea and Matt met Kaylee at 2 days old and hadn't seen her since she was about 6 months old, so it was fun for them to see how much she's grown. We really like them and hope to stay in touch for a long time!
Just another first. I made flowers and decorated a pumpkin pie! I figure after 3 hours of mixing, kneading, coloring, and shaping, I'd better get a picture!
That was our weekend of firsts, and we look forward to many more!

1 comment:

Jess~ca said...

Awe, your daughter is so adorable! SO CUTE!

I actually have a favor to ask of you :)

There is a link on my page for a cutest baby contest :) It's on my friends blog "baby making machine" and I get a cute little prize if Shane wins :) He is number 13!! TELL all your friends who blog to vote for him too!!!

THANKS BUNCHES!

-Jessica Badger Flygare


Just in case, here's the link to the blog post where you can vote for Shane :)

http://babymakingmachine.blogspot.com/2009/10/2nd-cutest-baby-contest-vote-through.html