What we've been up to...
Waiting for maintenance to be done on the van isn't so bad when you have a pirate ship to play on.
Rehearsals for the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration are in full swing! It has been so fun! What an amazing thing in which to take part. The kids have been so great and the Fire Dance is super fun. Only one more ward rehearsal until we move to stake rehearsals.
I took the girls on a walk to visit the temple.
I am amazed by this huge blessing. I can't imagine any better blessing than a beautiful temple just down the street for our family to grow up with. So excited!
Making calzones...and singing songs from "Frozen".
Adora-baby!!!
8 months old, 15.5 lbs. (5-10th percentile)
Let me introduce the world to "The Mean Old Lady". We have been working on potty training with Sienna for over a year and were getting tired of all the accidents. We finally resorted to extreme measures. Daddy made up the story of the mean old lady and found this picture. Sienna was told that she uses her long nose to smell pee pee. If Sienna pees her pants, the mean old lady will come, knock on the door and say "Sienna, come live at my house!" where there are no potties and everyone just messes all over themselves. Holy Moly! It worked!!! She no longer pees the bed at night, during naps, or during the day. No more pull ups!!! We felt bad at first and worried we would traumatize her or something, but you've got to know Sienna. It takes a lot to motivate her to care about doing things. We knew she just needed a reason to care about using the potty, and it has been supremely entertaining!!! (a little payback for all the extra laundry)
Teething and an ear infection...
Made a blanket
CC music practice. It sounds good already!
I broke out the sewing machine to see if I could get it to work. With the help of some youtube videos and an awesome husband, I made headbands and arm warmers for next weekend's Color Run.
I like to take pictures after I clean sometimes because the pictures stay clean much longer than the room does!
Morning Helper
Pink Eye =(
We LOVE our TEMPLE! Just can't get enough.
Temple Selfies.
3 comments:
That mean old lady is SCARY! But I understand why you did it. Laughed all the way through that story! Love the picture of Brynn gazing at you with such love! Good job with the sewing too!
Okay, I love the idea of the mean old lady! I think if I showed that to Anna she would pee her pants right then!!!
I love the Mean Old Lady story! I couldn't stop laughing when I first read it! I might have to have that one in my back pocket for Megan and Ethan!
Post a Comment