Passing of a Beloved Prophet
Today members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and truly the people of the world have reason to mourn. We have lost a beloved prophet President Gordon B. Hinckley due to the effects of old age. He lived a wonderful life of ninety-seven years filled with faith and inspiration. He has remained one of the most positive and hardworking men his entire life and most especially as his time as a leader of the church. I am sad to see him pass, but only for myself. I know that he was eager to move on from his mortal time on earth, with a sure knowledge that he would once again be united with his beloved eternal companion Marjorie Pay Hinckley. I also know that he is now in the presence of our Beloved Savior and Our Father.President Hinckley has been the most influential prophet for me thus far in life, as he was the prophet throughout my teen-age years. It was him that signed the letter calling me to be a missionary for the Church. I have heard and read his words numerous times, and have loved his subtle humor, and also his sage advice. I will miss him, but I do know that another will be called in his place that will masterfully fulfill his calling and ministry. I know that the church has in ancient times and is now again led by a Prophet. "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants, the prophets" (Amos 3:7).
I am grateful for for President Hinckley for helping lead me closer to my Savior and for teaching me how to be more like Him. I am grateful for a living church that is led today by revelation through a loving Heavenly Father. I will miss President Hinckley dearly, and join my prayers with many others across the world in gratitude for his inspiring life and ministry.
1 comment:
Very well put. What a great man of God.
Post a Comment