Friday, June 26, 2009

Surprise!

This year for Joel's birthday, I had to be a little deceiving because I actually wanted to surprise my husband. So, when he asked me point blank if I was still making an ipod cake for him, I panicked and said no.

Ha ha ha, but I was still making it. My sister-in-law Melissa got the idea and helped me with the fondant. What a work out we got leaning over the table those 2+ hours! Anyway, Kaylee was a great sport and only started crying towards the end of production (nothing a brownie couldn't fix though =) Here's a picture of her giddy from the joy of chocolate that she experiences only when mommy really can't tend to her very well.

Here we are at Great America. What a fun way to spend the day. Kaylee's shirt says, "Mommy and I agree: Daddy's Charming." It's true.

Cousins Lia and Nolan enjoying the water section of the park. Joel and I got to go on three water slides that were so fun. My favorite was the one that looks like a steep skateboard ramp. It looked scary but was such a rush!


Kaylee and Daddy right before bed. Kaylee was sad until daddy gave her a morsel of chocolate cake. That perked her right up. She is her mother's child!

The ipod touch cake. Sooooo cool. Thanks again for all your help Melissa!

Yay, I finally surprised him! He loved it and is enjoying getting to know his ipod.

Cousins Nolan and Kaylee enjoying eachother's company. So cute.

It was fun this year to be close to family for a birthday. I can't remember the last time that happened. I was probably 18 and Joel was 19.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Thanks for planning me such a nice bd, for the surprise, and for such a cool cake. You guys did such a good job! :-D

Savages said...

Yay! Fun birthday! It was fun making the cake, and it turned out so cute!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

i always thought she looked a lot like you, but in that pic where it is just before bed, she looks JUST like joel! she seriously is a really cute baby, no matter who she looks like!