Here's the update. I'm 32 weeks along with about 8 weeks to go. Our little girl is kicking quite forcefully and is right on track for growth. I can already tell Kaylee is going to be a very helpful and compassionate big sister. Yesterday she tried feeding Sissy a cracker through my belly button. That was hilarious. When the doctor checked for the heartbeat at 31 weeks, Kaylee seemed concerned that the doctor was hurting Sissy and had to come give my belly a kiss to make it all better.
I also have two short stories to share. One falls under the Pregozilla category and the other is a Pregoclutz story.
Pregozilla
Okay, so I have always shopped at Wal-Mart because #1 I grew up in Arkansas and it is just a way of life there. There were 4 in my hometown of 37,000 people. Now, I shop at Wal-Mart because it is what we can afford. But, man, I look forward to the day I can afford good customer service. That is not something I've found at Wal-Mart lately. Anyway, that is just a side note. Here is my Pregozilla story.
So, I had just finished my shopping and had crammed as much as I could into my diaper bag for the 100 plus yard walk from our car to our apartment. As I am attempting to exit, some dorky Wal-Mart guy steps in front of my car and asks to see my receipt. "Are you kidding me?", I reply out loud. WM guy says no. Then I begin to pull out all the groceries from my bag to search for a receipt no one informed me to have available since I've never had to do this at Wal-Mart. I finally get my receipt out, the guy glances at it for 2 seconds and gives it back. I ask bluntly, "So what exactly was the point of that?" WMG- "We just do random checks." Pregozilla "So, you were able to check all of my groceries in two seconds?" At this point WMG is ignoring me and has moved on to harass the very next customer (all of a sudden it has gone from random to everyone just so he can avoid me). Now I realize I was being a pill, but come on. If you are going to check people's receipts, 1st inform them ahead of time, and at least look hard enough to make it look like you are actually trying to prevent shoplifting and not just doing it to get your measly paycheck. And! If you have an upset customer, listen to their concerns instead of ignoring them even if they are grumpy.
Okay so that story wasn't so short.
Prego-Clutz
This morning Joel asked for a malt since his throat is super sore. Well, I had just finished making it and was holding the glass to put some whipped cream on top when the glass slipped right out of my hand to the floor, covering me, the dishwasher, the trash can, and the floor in the process. I cried over spilt milkshake.
Then, I tried again, dropping scoops of ice cream on the floor, followed by the entire carton. Reallly? Yeah, so I guess this whole joint loosening thing is affecting my grip. Warning, don't ask me to hold onto anything breakable!
Pregozilla
Okay, so I have always shopped at Wal-Mart because #1 I grew up in Arkansas and it is just a way of life there. There were 4 in my hometown of 37,000 people. Now, I shop at Wal-Mart because it is what we can afford. But, man, I look forward to the day I can afford good customer service. That is not something I've found at Wal-Mart lately. Anyway, that is just a side note. Here is my Pregozilla story.
So, I had just finished my shopping and had crammed as much as I could into my diaper bag for the 100 plus yard walk from our car to our apartment. As I am attempting to exit, some dorky Wal-Mart guy steps in front of my car and asks to see my receipt. "Are you kidding me?", I reply out loud. WM guy says no. Then I begin to pull out all the groceries from my bag to search for a receipt no one informed me to have available since I've never had to do this at Wal-Mart. I finally get my receipt out, the guy glances at it for 2 seconds and gives it back. I ask bluntly, "So what exactly was the point of that?" WMG- "We just do random checks." Pregozilla "So, you were able to check all of my groceries in two seconds?" At this point WMG is ignoring me and has moved on to harass the very next customer (all of a sudden it has gone from random to everyone just so he can avoid me). Now I realize I was being a pill, but come on. If you are going to check people's receipts, 1st inform them ahead of time, and at least look hard enough to make it look like you are actually trying to prevent shoplifting and not just doing it to get your measly paycheck. And! If you have an upset customer, listen to their concerns instead of ignoring them even if they are grumpy.
Okay so that story wasn't so short.
Prego-Clutz
This morning Joel asked for a malt since his throat is super sore. Well, I had just finished making it and was holding the glass to put some whipped cream on top when the glass slipped right out of my hand to the floor, covering me, the dishwasher, the trash can, and the floor in the process. I cried over spilt milkshake.
Then, I tried again, dropping scoops of ice cream on the floor, followed by the entire carton. Reallly? Yeah, so I guess this whole joint loosening thing is affecting my grip. Warning, don't ask me to hold onto anything breakable!
3 comments:
"pregozilla" haha that is hilarious! good stories, you will be glad you wrote them down even if they aren't funny yet!
I love that Kaylee giving sissy a cracker, so cute!
You're almost there! So I have news for you, you're nothing compared to my prego-zilla. I would have followed that guy around the parking lot and harassed him for at least 5 min. Unless he was fast, then I would have given up cause I'm not a fast pregnant lady.
Post a Comment