February has been a great month. Here are some highlights. We got our first family couch! We've been using a family member's old couch until now. It is so nice to be able to stretch out and have room for visitors.
Sienna started rice cereal. She loves it and does such a good job at eating all of it! She's not quite sitting up yet, though.
I love February in Arizona. The weather is so nice, which makes for lots of outdoor fun!
We took the girls to play miniature golf and Kaylee loved fishing our balls out of the holes for us. Daddy won the game but not by too much.
| At the golf place, there was this awesome play house that we had all to ourselves. We all had a blast bouncing around in it. Kaylee especially loved running through the punching bags. |
Valentine's day was filled with sweet gestures and I think all felt much love.
We went to the zoo with Grammy and of course I had to take a picture of my alma mater's mascot, the mighty COUGAR!
Kaylee loved the stone cave-like play area.
I love how affectionate Kaylee is with Sienna. I hope they can be great friends forever. I am excited to watch them grow up together.
Sienna has been refusing to take a bottle, which has made it impossible for me to get very far away from home for any reason. So, when Grammy was here, GG suggested we try a sippy cup with a soft mouth piece. It WORKED! So, now she can eat rice cereal and take a sippy cup. I can't believe she will be eating baby food in a month!
We also went to Jake's in North Gilbert and enjoyed their play area with ski ball, air hockey, carousel, train, b-ball and much more! The food was good too. I gave a talk on meekness in sacrament meeting which went well. I'd like to get better at focusing on things to improve instead of trying to fix a little of everything all the time. Maybe March will be More Meek Month =)
We go on long walks around the neighborhood several times a week and stop by the park before we head home. Kaylee always looks for "friends" and loves the swings. She asks to "go high up in the sky". On our last trip, she went down the big slide all by herself. She is scared of some of the stairs and says timidly "I'm okay, I'm okay" since I always say "you're okay". It's so cute to watch her trying to convince herself she's okay =)
Last night was the Blue and Gold Banquet for cub scouts, which went really well. I took Kaylee with me because she LOVES going to scouts. I struggle with this calling. I love the boys, but it is so outside my comfort zone, so I'm glad Kaylee is excited about it =) Anyway, she loved the scavenger hunt because she got to run around searching for clues. She kept exclaiming, "I run!"
We will yet have a play date this month with Kaylee's bff, Landon. We have tried a few times and kids get sick or other crazy mishaps =) so we're crossing our fingers for tomorrow!
I'm sure I'm missing other things, but these are the highlights of what I can remember. If you read this whole post, consider yourself updated!
4 comments:
I am all updated! Wait, I was there! :-) Thanks for putting up all the cute pictures of our sweet girls. I appreciate you updating this little journal for our family. I love you!
Oops! I was signed in on my ward's ward bulletin email account. :)
This is basically what I said:
I love seeing the new pics and seeing what you are up to in your lives. Your girls are just as cute as ever!
love the update! that is so cute how kaylee says "i'm okay, i'm okay!" i love the funny little things they say. thanks for the playdate! sorry it took us so long to finally get down there! landon was not happy to leave!
Post a Comment