HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHELLE!!!

This weekend we got to celebrate Rachelle's Birthday. It was a lot of fun, we had a nice full weekend. I was pretty strict with Rachelle, I told her that she wasn't allowed to open ANY of her presents that she had received in the mail until her actual birthday. She kept telling me she wanted to open them early, but I know that she really wanted to wait until her birthday to make it special. She did talk me into opening ONE present before she went to bed on Thursday night! :-) She wanted to wake-up early on Friday morning (her birthday) before work and open up her presents, because she just couldn't wait!! It was fun to see her open her presents, I was excited to get her some good presents, and my mom spoiled her for sure! Here is our cat Max, he was excited to play in the wrapping paper after Rachelle opened her presents. I think he was excited that we were up and so exciting so early in the morning!

Rachelle really wanted McDonald's for breakfast, so we went there and I dropped her off at work. Her office threw a little party for her and another person who had a birthday this weekend, they had her desk all decorated and everything. After school Rachelle and I took off for a fun get-a-way weekend in Salt Lake City. Back when I still worked at the Marriott in Provo I won a two night stay in the Downtown Salt Lake City Marriott. We could use it anytime, so we waited until this weekend to have a nice weekend for Rachelle's birthday. We decided that a fun place to go to eat would be the Mayan, it was on the way up to Salt Lake, so we had a good time eating there (only a 30 minute wait, which for there and a Friday was great!) . They gave her a nice free sundae, and didn't even embarrass her or anything!


We arrived after that at our hotel and immediately Rachelle wanted to lay on the Marriott bed. We had missed it sooo bad! If you haven't stayed at a full-service Marriott, you are missing out, because they have the most comfortable beds! We sleep so well when we stay in these hotels!
Our room was on the 14th floor, and the view was AMAZING! This is out of our window. It took a few tries, but I was able to get a semi-non blurry picture of the temple. I was so amazed, without having to ask, we got this amazing room! If you ever stay at this hotel, make sure that you have a high floor, with an odd numbered room. Then you will be able to have this view!

Here is one of those, I'll hold the camera away from us shots... We were going to hit the town for the night, but we were so tired! (Looooong day!!)

This was our view in the morning. The big crane was from the construction below. They completely destroyed most of the rest of the block besides the hotel and one other random building, and they are rebuilding something there.


The next day we woke-up late and decided to order some room service (splurge). Well, we waited and waited and after an hour we decided we'd call down and ask where our food was, and they said "oops! we didn't send the order to the kitchen! We will have it up to you as soon as possible, and the meal will be on us." We were really hungry, and tired of waiting, but we were excited for the free room service!! :-) After we ate we went to the Gateway Mall, went swimming at the hotel pool, and then went out for dinner. After all that we were tired again, and had a restful nights sleep on our favorite bed! It was a fun weekend, and Rachelle said it was the best birthday she can ever remember. Woo Hoo!



6 comments:
Good job on the awesome birthday! It sounds like you guys had a great time! :)
Happy birthday to you, too!! (it was James' b-day too!) Anyway, we love the Mayan, it's so good there!! Also, that picture of the cat in the wrapping paper is SO cute!!!! Our little girl got really excited when we showed it to her.
Is your kitty mostly black? I can't tell since he's all wrapped up in paper. His little face looks a lot like our cat, Chubs. Anywho, I'm glad you guys had fun for Rachelle's birthday! It's always nice to have a weekend away.
He's a tuxedo cat, so black and white. He is mostly black though.
Glad you guys are posting more! Sounds like you guys had a great time! We'll still have to make it to the Mayan sometime when we come visit.
sounds so fun!!
Post a Comment