Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Que Saudades!

I served a mission in Sao Paulo, Brasil and developed a great love for the people there and for their food! It brings back good memories of service. I appreciate all the meals made by Brazilian women and the hospitality they showed week after week. So, I decided to make a Brazilian jantar (dinner) for the fam. Mmm. . . foi uma delicia!This is arroz e feijao (rice and beans), frango (chicken), and salada (salad) with tomato, onion, and salt, vinegar, and lime juice.

Limonada! Mmm. . .

and last but certainly not least, brigadeiro!!! Does anyone know where I can find cheaper chocolate sprinkles?

Anyway, it was fun to see Kaylee go crazy over the beans. She was acting like a regular little Brazilian! My amigos brasileiros would be proud!

2 comments:

Sare said...

Did you do the beans from a can or dried beans? I want to make them like the Irmas but I can never get the right flavor. Something about the way they do it. Do you know how to get it like that? I think they use bay leaves and garlic? Saudades. Have you checked like a cake/pastry supply store for sprinkles? Maybe online they'd have good deals. I don't know of any nearby but some of our cake makers in the ward might know.

Rachelle said...

Dried pinto beans in a pressure cooker, that's the key. I used garlic, salt, and onion, but I've heard something about bay leaves too. I found this website called cookbrazil or something like that. I also added cilantro which was probably totally not brazilian, but they needed something. I haven't checked in cake stores, like Michael's maybe?