Thursday, August 20, 2009

Switzer Smiles

Thank you all who responded to my last post. I can now be motivated to post knowing that I have a faithful following of at least 11 =)

I just thought I would share three things that make us Switzer's happy.
#1 The Temple
It is amazing to me how calming the temple is and how inspiring it can be. I love how the Spirit can clear out the clutter in our minds, helping us sort things out better. I hereby resolve to go more often!

#2 Free Stuff!
We went to Joel's Dad's Union Picnic last week. They had a petting zoo, an egg toss (Joel's Dad lost his 3 year winning streak thanks to a tipsy fill in partner), food, caricatures, games, and a raffle. We walked away with a 19" flatscreen tv! It's not the biggest tv, but it does the job for now. It is worth around $250! Whoohoo!

The Petting Zoo

#3 Chocolate Chip Smiles
I made chocolate chip pancakes and gave one to Kaylee, forgetting what a mess she would make. She's so cute!

Those are just a few things that make us Switzer's smile. What makes you smile?

4 comments:

Sare said...

I feel terrible, I've been meaning to start subscribing to your blog and I just haven't done it yet....gonna do it right now.

Oh Brazi food sounds good, sometimes....brigadeiro for sure. JD and I had coxinhas a couple weeks ago (we went on a date to a pizzeria in Berkeley owned by some Brazilians..they have some Brazi style pizzas there, coxinhas, feijoda, Guarana. They even sell stuff in the front of the store....caixa de bombons anyone? I think it was like $10 for one of those garoto boxes! Nossa!)

I'm bummed we missed the union picnic, we were out of town last week and JD wanted to go to that.

Nancy said...

Kaylee, Jaycie, Lia and Nolan! (now does that sound like a proud grammy or what?) Oh yes, and flowers!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

i LOVE kaylee's smile in the last picture!!!

Katie and Joel said...

That picture of Kaylee smiling makes me smile!