Learning
Kaylee is incredibly teachable right now. Last night she started saying "Oh my G**". Of course we know it's innocent, but made it a teaching moment. We explained to Kaylee how it's disrespectful to take the Lord's name in vain. We explained that it makes Heavenly Father sad and gave her some alternatives like "oh my goodness". She was pretty upset about being corrected but we gave her a lot of love and helped her feel better.
So, this morning we were at the park swinging when Kaylee pointed to the church and said "That's Jesus' church. He loves it when I say oh my goodness. That's a good choice." Adorable!!! She really is soaking up what we teach her. She brought it up to me again a few minutes ago. I love those moments when I can see how being with her and teaching her is helping her to learn the gospel and how to respect sacred things.
2 comments:
I love it! she is so adorable!
That is awesome! I love how teachable young children are! What a great example to set for her too!
Post a Comment