Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer's Ending

It's starting to feel like summer is finally winding down here in our little part of Arizona. We've had 3 big rain storms the past 3 nights, which have really helped to bring the temperatures down into the tolerable range (for heat lovers at least =) 

I wanted to post pictures of a few things we've been up to lately.

Kaylee still loves to paint and asks to paint every day. I loved watching her paint with Daddy recently.
 Love these drawing Daddy made!
 This little one is just bursting with joy when it comes to doing anything creative. Painting, sculpting (with play dough) dancing, and singing are some of her artistic passions. Lately she has been performing her dances for us. She gets up on stage (ottoman) and says, "Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls!" Then, she dances, bows, and asks us for flowers. She gives us flowers too =)
Kaylee likes helping to make "The Guy" out of play dough.
And she wanted him to have a car =)

 Here's Kaylee playing dress up at Calla's house. They love twirling.
 This is just a random cute shot. End of summer means great deals on flip flops. Kinda fun to see Kaylee's flip flops compared to mine.
 I realized I haven't posted anything about our kitties in a while. Kaylee and Sienna just love having pets. Luna and Zeeb are both so patient with them. Kaylee loves filling up their water bowls and giving them big hugs.


 Poor Zeeb...hoping he doesn't get whacked =) Luna usually runs when she sees the girls coming.
 New laundry baskets being used as play tunnels.
I love this candid shot of these two. When we ask Kaylee what makes her happy she usually says, "Sienna".

And last but not least here are some sweet little shots from our weekly family dinner.
 Playing the shape game with Aunt Lori
"Here Uncle Jeff. I want you to have this ball." She was throwing the ball to the dog, Max, just before this shot. So cute!

It's been a fun summer, full of good family time. And I am oh, so excited for Fall =)

2 comments:

Melissa Savage said...

We were blogging at the same time!:) Cute pictures of the girls, thanks for the update! I love how creative Kaylee is, but then again, so are you guys!

Katie and Joel said...

Great pictures! I love the comment that Sienna makes Kaylee happy. Awww so cute! I love updates!