Imagine my surprise when I put her down for bed Thursday night. Her face was calm. I said good night and didn't hear a peep! Really? I never imagined it would be that easy. I realize it's still early on, but I'm feeling more confident that she is ready to give it up. I'm excited to hear her speak more clearly and I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful smile more often.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Pacifier Free?
Could it be true? Joel and I wanted to get rid of Kaylee's pacifier soon but were kind of nervous about it. So, Wednesday night, we couldn't find it anywhere and weren't about to go buy a new one. That was the beginning of the end. Kaylee was a bit confused when I didn't give it to her before bed. She kept saying "uh oh" and cried as I left (which she rarely does for bed or naps). She didn't cry more than 30 minutes and then slept through the night. Thursday for her nap, she was upset but went to sleep after about 30 min. of off and on crying. After her nap she looked all over for it in her crib and was mad at me for a while.
Imagine my surprise when I put her down for bed Thursday night. Her face was calm. I said good night and didn't hear a peep! Really? I never imagined it would be that easy. I realize it's still early on, but I'm feeling more confident that she is ready to give it up. I'm excited to hear her speak more clearly and I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful smile more often.

Imagine my surprise when I put her down for bed Thursday night. Her face was calm. I said good night and didn't hear a peep! Really? I never imagined it would be that easy. I realize it's still early on, but I'm feeling more confident that she is ready to give it up. I'm excited to hear her speak more clearly and I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful smile more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's awesome! Go Kaylee and good luck staying that way! Sydney goes back and forth, but most of the time she doesn't want the pacifier, so we'll see how she does when we stop using it all together.
i'm so glad she's doing so well!! go kaylee!!!
This was like our experience too! Kyle was a HUGE pacifier junkie until, one day, I just decided not to give it to him. I was prepared for a lot more screaming and fighting, but he never really asked for it again. Now I feel kind of stupid that I didn't try it earlier. :)
That is a beautiful smile!
Post a Comment