What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! It started on Saturday when Joel watched Kaylee so I could go for a swim in our pool. It was so nice to swim laps, get some sun, and just relax with some music. When I got back, Joel wanted to take Kaylee shopping for my gift, so they dropped me off at Babies R Us to get ideas for a baby registry and I got to shop all by myself! =) I was planning on cooking dinner, but it was getting late and I wasn't feeling great. Joel decided to take me out for dinner, which was a nice treat. When we got home, I had to hide in Kaylee's room while he did something sneaky =). I came out to a bouquet of tulips that Kaylee helped pick out. How sweet!
The next day, after working all night, Joel came home and made me breakfast and it was delicious. (I'm glad I have a husband who really can cook!) After breakfast, Kaylee came running to me with a big smile and a card. It was so sweet! Then Joel gave me a card and a present I wasn't expecting . . . a jewelry box! I've been needing a new one for a while since my last one broke. And, to my surprise there was some jewelry inside, and in particular the exact bracelet I lost in the dumpster a few weeks ago when taking out the trash. It was so thoughtful.
The next day, after working all night, Joel came home and made me breakfast and it was delicious. (I'm glad I have a husband who really can cook!) After breakfast, Kaylee came running to me with a big smile and a card. It was so sweet! Then Joel gave me a card and a present I wasn't expecting . . . a jewelry box! I've been needing a new one for a while since my last one broke. And, to my surprise there was some jewelry inside, and in particular the exact bracelet I lost in the dumpster a few weeks ago when taking out the trash. It was so thoughtful.
We didn't go to church because Joel was passing a kidney stone, but Kaylee and I watched some General Conference online and felt uplifted. I especially liked the one about mothers and daughters since I will soon have two daughters!
For dinner, we went to the Lane's and had steak, potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, and bread. What a spread! And, it was so nice that Joel sat by Kaylee so I could have a meal off =)
I couldn't be more grateful for such a sweet husband who gives me everything he has to give and who truly appreciates the work I put into being a wife and mother. I am also very grateful for a healthy little girl who gives me hugs and kisses several times a day. All the work is worth it when I look at what a happy little family we have. I hope every other mother had a great day as well. It is so nice to feel appreciated and loved.
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! How sweet having Kaylee run up to you with a card, I am sure that made your day!
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day! Love you!
glad it was a great day!! you were treated like a queen, just as you deserve! :)
Post a Comment