Monday, May 23, 2011

Mama Mia!

A group of girls from church, including me, decided to go see Mama Mia at ASU. To make it a full GNO we also planned to have dinner before the play. This is me playing around while I waited for my ride.

 We went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory and it was delicious. I've only been there one other time a few years ago so I kind of panicked when they handed me the menu booklet! So many choices!

We were all comparing the play to the movie. I am all about live theater and think it has a totally different feel to it, but I can honestly say I preferred the movie. Both were great but I enjoyed the up-close feel of the movie a little more.
It was fun to get to know each other in a setting where we are not watching our kids. Going to shows is bitter sweet. I love watching them but it makes me miss performing.

Since we didn't have time for cheesecake before the show, we went back for some after the show. We all joked about being relieved that the world hadn't ended (Rapture May 21, 2011). We had a good time and I look forward to the next Girls Night =)

1 comment:

Emily and James said...

How fun! I'm glad you got a chance to see it. I saw it here in Vegas before they moved on right before Sydney was born. It is an awesome show!!