Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day-2-Day

It is enjoyable to post about the fun activities we do, but I don't want to forget about what our day-to-day looks like either. Here are some pictures of our daily activities.
We call Sienna our little monkey because she absolutely loves bananas. If you hand her one and turn away for a moment, by the time you turn back around she has devoured the entire thing! It is amazing!
Laundry time! Sienna likes to scatter it all over the room. Kaylee does too, but stops when I tell her to. Kaylee helps by putting the folded clothes in their assigned spots.
Kaylee does NOT like getting her hair done. She cries, whines, goes weak in the knees, tries to escape, and exclaims "Ow! Ow! Ow!" almost the entire time I am doing her hair. I don' t get it. Her passion against it remains unabated day after day.
Sienna is walking like crazy these days, and she is FAST! Here she is taking a breather, looking like a cute little frog.
Sienna does not like to be spoon fed. She prefers to get down and dirty all on her own. And apparently she wouldn't starve in Brazil. Bananas and beans and rice...yum! Really she hadn't met a food she didn't like, until she tried canned ravioli. NOT a fan =)
"Cheezer Beezer" Kaylee
Sienna Belle
I love this view. I see it a lot these days. It's so enjoyable to be in another room and have Sienna toddle in there to see me saying "Mama!"
 Thirsty? =)
 Contortionist Kaylee. She is so flexible! I can't wait to see what kind of dancer she is when she's older and can really excel. Her flexibility will really give her an edge. She might be great at power yoga too some day.
Sienna likes to climb in the bumbo seat lately. Kaylee can still fit her little self in it. It cracks me up. Kaylee has gotten so tall, but still weighs the same as a year ago.

Some other day-to-day things:
Daddy offers to either chase or fly Kaylee to bed. She LOVES it!
We keep Kaylee's candy in an Easter bucket, so when she wants a treat, it's an Easter treat.
We have been mostly staying inside due to the heat, but Kaylee loves having friends over for play dates, going to lunch with friends, grocery shopping, going to friends' houses for swimming, and swimming in our little pool.
Kaylee and Sienna are doing so great going to our gym's play area. There's a boy there her age who she calls her boyfriend or her buddy boy.
There are the annoying things too, of course, but it's amazing how when we look back we mostly remember the good things.

6 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

good post, it is good to remember the day to day stuff. bummer that kaylee does not like getting her hair done! that is something i hope i get to do one day so my girl better enjoy it! :) the pic of sienna with the two drinks is awesome too... cute, funny girls!

Emily and James said...

Sydney is the SAME way with her hair! Gets frustrating, but I figure now I'm only doing her hair when we go out and about. Your girls are getting so big and SOOO cute! I love how Kaylee moves her body around. I bet Sydney and Kaylee would LOVE playing fun yoga games together (that picture of Kaylee upside down is a common practice in our house LOL!)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Emily,Hahaha! I bet they would get a kick out of each other! So, when are you coming to visit? =)

Same to you, Megan! You guys owe us a visit! =)

A. said...

I'm pretty sure they couldn't be any cuter!

Katie and Joel said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing those pics! I love seeing my cute nieces! I love the cheesy smiles and the cute looks that they do for you/the camera! So adorable!