Kaylee just loves her buddy, Calla. This is them playing dress up recently.
They are not sure where yet, but it's not likely it will be within walking distance. One can hope! We recently started a book club and it is starting to get really good. Our first book was "The Help" which I read and LOVED in my first ever book club (shout out to Megan =) It was fun to discuss it again and hear different perspectives. I love how book club helps me to understand people better and how it motivates me to read!
Spontaneous Adventure
One day recently I was feeling bored with the same old routine so I decided to be spontaneous. We got in the car not knowing where we would end up. The Phoenix Museum of Art is where we went and it just so happened that it was their free admission day. Score! It was nice to do something different and amazing all the memories that flooded back into my head...memories of French class slide shows of art, civilization classes, and especially memories of all the art museums I visited in Paris and Southern France. I am so grateful for those 2 months of adventure and learning and how much richer the experience was because I went prepared with so much knowledge of the culture and language. This family trip to the museum reminded me of my passion for the arts and I look forward to sharing more of the arts with my family in the years to come.
Phoenix Kids
Here's a picture of one of the miniature rooms. They were so tiny, Kaylee was looking for the fairies that live in them. They looked like what I think a rich kid's dollhouse would look like.
We ended the trip with a visit to a neighborhood cafe for some artsy snacks =)
and last but certainly not least...
Sienna's very first steps were taken July 31st, and today I was able to capture it to record this milestone. Yay! This little one is trying to grow up as fast as possible!
What's my next adventure!? =)
2 comments:
sienna is walking! that is awesome! i will call you soon, we had a busy day yesterday when you called and were celebrating our anniversary. and bummer your friend is moving!
Congrats Sienna! I love seeing the milestones though the blog! I love my cute nieces!
That picture of the miniature room looks so good. It looks like it is a regular size room.
Post a Comment