Joel had today off so we decided to make it really fun. We had some great coupons for Amazing Jake's. They have an all you can eat pizza buffet/salad and dessert bars and lots of games and rides. It's like an indoor carnival. This was one of Kaylee's favorite games. We ended up earning enough tickets to get her a little soft basketball.
Don't mind the blur (camera phone pics)
Here is Kaylee asking to play 2 more times =)
Sienna loved this baby area. What a climber!
We also did ski ball, spin the wheel, air hockey, and go karts! Here's where the "squeaky wheel" got the oil. So Kaylee and I had been waiting in line for go karts for about 20 minutes and she was getting super antsy thinking it should be our turn already. I was explaining to her how all these people in front of us have had to wait in line longer so they get to go first. Moments later 4 kids cut in front of us in line to join some others. Whoah whoah whoah. I spoke up and said they needed to go to the back of the line. The lady got belligerent with me, yelling and saying that they just left to eat and came back. Tough cookies. Then she changed her story to say they just went to use the restroom (wow 20+ minutes using the restroom, they should probably see a specialist). She refused to see the light and I couldn't handle being near her for the additional time so we left. I told the attendant and he did nothing. I was so upset and didn't want this experience to ruin my time so I found a manager. I explained what happened and she agreed there should be no holding spots or cutting and that people doing so should be thrown out. They are working on making signs about this issue. She went and talked to the ride attendant and let us go without waiting again and didn't charge us. It was a nice gesture to make up for the bad experience we had with the line lady. While there are selfish liars and cheats in the world, there are also kind people who work to make things right. We ended on a high note of course because Kaylee loved the go kart ride.
Later in the day, we went out to the Lane's for some swimming and burgers. The weather was perfect and the pool temperature was delightful. Kaylee and Sienna had so much fun in the water splashing, floating, and playing water basketball. Kaylee kept getting out saying "I forgot someping" and Sienna kept saying "Wa wa wa wa wa!" The landscaping and the beautiful desert scenery created a very pleasant atmosphere.
Lori who is very picky about swimming temps decided to join us! How could she resist playing in the water with her cute great nieces.
And a family portrait for our 2011 Christmas card (jk).
We also lucked out and Jeff made burgers out on the grill. What a perfect summer day!
4 comments:
girl you cracked me up with the christmas card pic! Too funny, and as with that lady in line I'm glad you found a manager and that he did something about it!
Good job getting the manager. That is not right! That does sound like a great summer day! I love that fsmily picture, you should make it a Christmas card picture!
OH so I didn't realize you moved your blog, what loser I am for missing out on all these Switzer updates!! I saw your comment and went directly to your blog to consume all the new info. Your baby is lovely, Kaylee is huge, and you two look great! We are doing well, still in Portland and trying to soak up any ray of sunshine that peeks its head out occasionally!
Post a Comment