Sienna is already 10 months old and it's dawning on me that we will have a one year old and another walker before we know it.
Here are some things about Sienna that I don't want to forget.
She loves to find my glass of water when I'm not looking. She will just stand there and drink quite efficiently until I snatch it away.
Sienna loves this little bear. It was Kaylee's from my mom, but Sienna has fully taken over. Note how she is standing all on her own in this picture. She does this a lot. She can even stand up from sitting without grabbing onto anything. She has to be on the verge of taking her first steps. For now when we try to get her to come to us, she stands for a while and then excitedly dives into our laps. Whenever I go to get her now from her naps, she is usually standing.
Lately, she loves pulling off her head bands. You'll notice big sis is never far behind. Sienna calls her "Kiwi". Soooo cute. She has also recently started saying "Uh-oh or uh-oh-ah" when something falls or she drops something on purpose. She still says "Dada" most with an occasional "Mama". The other thing she says is kitty. Other than that there's a lot of adorable babbling.
Watch out for those cabinets! Sienna likes getting into cabinets and trying to get the t.v. so we have Kaylee's step stool in the way for now. Also, she currently has 4 teeth (the bunny ones =))
Sienna is an amazingly good eater. We call her the disposal or the bottomless pit. She will eat anything and I am amazed at how much! For example, last night for dinner she ate an entire banana, a wheat hot dog bun, a piece of cheese and 3 deli slices of roast beef. Seriously? And she's not chubby either. We haven't been for a check up in a while but I'm sure she's still tall and close to 19 pounds. I think she wants to grow up as soon as she can so she can run around with her big sister. Some of her recent favorites are cucumbers with watermelon and macaroni and cheese with steamed broccoli.
She still does great with going to other people and I've never once had to go get her early at the gym. Oh how we love you, Sienna Isabelle! You are such a wonderful addition to our family!
3 comments:
I love reading about the things you want to remember about Sienna. I need to do that too with my little ones. Those pictures of her are adorable!
She's getting so big! Sounds like she'll be walking before Addie. Addie's not standing independently yet, but she's getting close. Fun that she's saying so much and cute that she's saying Kaylee's name, what great sisters!
Katie- You should. It will be fun for you and them to look back some day.
Melissa- Thanks for your comment. Sisters are so great!
Post a Comment