Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July

We decided we would check out the 4th of July festivities in Chandler this year. We headed over to the park after Joel got off work and set up a cozy spot in the shade around 4 P.M. We got some dinner (native american fry bread taco) and just enjoyed checking things out. The bouncy houses opened up at 5 and Kaylee had a blast going through those. We were both really impressed with her climbing skills. There was this high wall you had to climb with a rope and Kaylee did it, SEVERAL times!!! This is her face of conquering after sliding down from the high wall.
 The weather was warm but mild for this time of year and we were grateful. We really enjoyed getting Italian ice. Kaylee was so sweet to share with Sienna who is anxiously waiting for her next bite.
 Kaylee and I headed over to the water slides around 6:30. She was so excited to get up to the slides. All these kids her age would get up to the top of the slide, get scared, and would end up being rescued from the top. I didn't figure Kaylee would have this issue. When it was her turn she bolted up the stairway like it was nothing. If there hadn't been a line, who knows how many times she would have gone!

 Gotta love that thrill-seeking smile.
 rainbow slip and slide
There was a little stage set up for dancing. Kaylee and one other kid started grooving and it really caught on. She could have stayed up there all night! =)

Sienna did really well too. She was happy to play on the blanket, snuggle, or take a nap in the stroller. She fell asleep again while the fireworks were going off. Kaylee liked them and also thought they were too loud. It was a fun day together and we'll probably do it again next year.
This is just a bonus pic of Kaylee and Sienna. Kaylee decided to share her chocolatey treat and I didn't stop her. It was really too late by the time I noticed her sharing. Love these girls!!!
This was the day we had Calla and Ender over to play in the pool outside (I remembered this when I saw Kaylee's swimsuit in the background). We thoroughly enjoyed catching up especially since it had been a few months. Summer has been much more enjoyable this year for a few reasons; 1) We are more used to the heat 2) I am not 6-9 mos. pregnant and 3) We don't have a 100 yard walk to the car. Yay for garages.

Anyway, we hope you all had a festive 4th. I love this country and am grateful for hard working people who keep it safe and productive.

2 comments:

Joel said...

That was such a fun place! Thanks for taking pictures, next time we'll have to remember to take an actual camera! (and a memory card!) :-)

Katie and Joel said...

Sounds so fun! I can't wait til next year when we can do something like that with the twins.
I love the picture of the girls sitting a blanket with their backs to the camera. SO ADORABLE!