
I went in to do some shopping last night with the girls and came out to this! All of a sudden the sky was super dark and I could barely see a few feet in front of me. After I finally found the car, I got the girls and then the groceries secured as quickly as possible. We drove home slowly avoiding several road signs and other debris in the road.
I have never experienced a dust storm to this magnitude. I have been in lots of pre-tornado weather and it totally reminded me of that but was so peculiar because instead of rain there was just tons of dust!
When I got home Joel was out trying to mow the lawn. What a determined soul! We are grateful for our lawnmower because it was free but it is a struggle without 60 mph winds so one can only imagine the difficulty!
Thank you, Lord, for sparing us on Independence Day =) This definitely would have put a wrench in our plans!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, wasn't that crazy?! I was in a RS meeting during the storm but when I came out it was still a little crazy!
I saw this on the news and it was just crazy! I can't believe that you were stuck in it! Glad you got home safely! P.S. Anna sleeps with your blanket pretty much every night :)
Megan- Totally crazy!
JP- Thank you! It was a memorable experience! Yay! It makes me so happy to know she loves the blanket I made for her =) Cute kids!
Post a Comment