Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ready or Not

My baby is growing up so quickly, whether I'm ready or not. She seems to be doing everything sooner than I'm used to. She started walking 2 months earlier than our 1st baby and she has had less and less interest in nursing. By 8 months old, she would nurse 3 to 4 times a day. By 9 months she nursed 2 times a day (refused more no matter how much I offered) and now at 11 months old she is done. Kaylee nursed till 2 weeks after her 1st birthday, so again I was not quite ready for this. Of course there are mixed feelings because I was not fond of her 4 teeth when it came to nursing, but it is one more thing that means my baby is growing up. I will be fine, just have to let go of a very special bonding experience and joy in her independence. Sienna is my sweet, sweet little angel girl and I'm so grateful for our relationship. It is my dream to have kids who trust me and have confidence that I will always be there for them.

Mornings with my girls are my favorite. I miss them from the day before and they are in such good moods. We were sitting at the table having breakfast and Kaylee wanted to try my cottage cheese. She promptly spit it out and said "I don't like cottage cheese. It's for you and Daddy and Sissy?" Mom-Yes "And for Jaycie, Lia, Nolan...and Uncle Matt. Oh and Aunt Katie and Uncle Hendo and all my pretty peoples. And Grammy and Papa." Ha ha. So according to Kaylee, cottage cheese is reserved for certain family members and pretty peoples. Cracks me up because I don't know where she gets this stuff =)


3 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

i'm with kaylee I hate cottage cheese! I guess I'm not one of the pretty people! :) I'm okay with that!

Unknown said...

JP- Ha ha! I've always hated it too, but I found a good brand and it's good mixed with fruit. Anyway, you're funny but you are one of the pretty people whether you like cc or not!

Katie and Joel said...

Hee Hee! I love that story. Kaylee is so cute.