Monday, November 21, 2011

Race for Redemption

2011 Race for Redemption 10K
So after my formal 10K didn't go as planned, Joel offered to host a 10K for me a few days later. He mapped out a route exactly 6.2 miles beginning and ending at our house and dropped off water bottles at the 2 and 4 mile points. I used an app that my sis-in-law, Melissa, told me about which was awesome for staying on pace. The scenery was beautiful and I met my goal! I crossed the finish line at 1:06:25 which is an average per mile of 10:41. 
 
I know I'm blinking, but this was the best picture we got. This was taken shortly after I busted through the homemade finish line.

So now I've done a 5K and a 10K.





5 comments:

Melissa Savage said...

Yay! Good job and I'm glad the app worked for you:) Cute that Joel hosted a run for you, very sweet.

Joel said...

Good job!! :-)

Mandy said...

What a great husband! Way to go Rachelle!!

Katie and Joel said...

Yay! good job! What an accomplishment!

Kris and Megan said...

wonderful!! i knew you could do it! you are awesome :)