It was wonderful this year to put up Christmas lights together. The girls hung out outside in the beautiful weather while Joel put up lights in shorts. Ha ha. Don't know if I'll ever get over that =)
Kaylee being very serious.
Sienna trying to pull the lights off!
Ta da! Now Kaylee runs and turns on the lights every night.
A few weeks later...we decorated inside.
Kaylee was super excited about the little bulbs. She kept saying "These are my size!". Sienna went to bed before all the tempting little ornaments came out. It was fun to listen to Christmas music and dance and sing along as a family. It's really starting to feel like Christmas! Especially with all the beautiful music, I can't help but be reminded of how precious the Savior is to me. We listened to a radio segment called "Johnjay and Rich Christmas Wish". Someone writes a letter to the station about someone struggling at Christmas time and they call the person to grant a Christmas wish. They are always people who are working hard and their best just isn't making ends meet. They are so grateful for the miracle of getting caught up and having a Christmas for their family. I love it because it reminds us to think outward of how we can serve others instead of worrying about what we want or don't have for ourselves.
We are blessed to be part of a loving family and to know and feel God's eternal love.
2 comments:
I love the lights on your house and the tree looks great! I loved reading the part where Kaylee loves turning on the outside lights. That was me growing up. Well, I think it is still me! :-)
Your tree looks awesome! Great job on decorating! I love doing that with my family too. Sydney is getting old enough now that she understands that we don't tug or pull off the ornaments, so our tree looks much better this year... LOL!
Post a Comment