On Wednesday afternoon Rachelle and I were sitting around trying to figure out what we wanted to do for the day. Well, I have wanted to go up to Idaho with Rachelle for quite some time, especially to introduce her to Reed's Dairy Ice Cream and Chocolate Milk. Anyway, we decided to be spontaneous and drive up to Idaho Falls (where I spent about a year of my mission). It was nice to be able to have a last chance mini vacation as Rachelle is due in a month and we can't be too far from the hospital anymore!
Here is Rachelle and I posing in front of the "Welcome to Idaho" sign.
"Oh hay!" Nice shot of a field in Idaho, a common site, believe it or not.
So I wanted to eat at this Mexican food restaurant that I enjoyed eating at in Idaho Falls... So I couldn't remember exactly where it was, but after some time we found it, and I was so excited... well, sadly, when we went up to the door it had gone out of business. It really did have good food... I promise. Here is a picture of the sign out of respect.
This is one of the Catholic Churches in Idaho Falls. It was down the street from one of my missionary apartments. I think it is one of the most unique buildings I have ever seen. To me it looks like a giant metal ski jump... But maybe there is some hidden symbolism that I don't understand.
This is my last missionary apartment. By the look of the picture of Christ on the door, it hasn't been changed since I left... haha.
A picture of Rachelle in front of the IF Temple. She is there, if you zoom in anyway! We went and did a session in the temple, it was nice.
The wonderful IF Reed's Dairy. It is really why we made this trip! They have the best ice cream and chocolate milk! (That's what I'm holding). I talk about it all the time... so it was nice for Rachelle to be able to understand my obsession. I am glad to report that Rachelle is now a big fan, and just said "I wish we could go back right now!" :-)
Here are some pictures of the cows that are responsible for all of the goodness. 


They also have a mini-petting zoo at the Dairy... why not?! The pony was very friendly. 
The goats were not.
They had a big sign that said "Check out our ducks!" so, we did just that.
One of their roosters.
A typical ID trailer park... a common site.
This is one of the most beautiful spots in all of Idaho that I have ever seen, looking at the temple and the Idaho Falls of the Snake River.
Adding even more beauty to the picture! :-)




This is a picture of a wall graffitied on by the Young Women of the Fort Hall Branch. I served on this reservation, it was one of my favorite areas, although it definitely got me out of my comfort zone quite often!
A typical dwelling in Fort Hall. Notice the state of the "house," and yet the truck... something I will never understand fully.
At least the vehicles and this place seem to match a bit better! ;-)
This is my favorite corner of Chubbuck Idaho... This house behind me is for sale: on the corner of Joel and David! If I ever had any desire to live in ID (haha) this would have to be the house!
2 comments:
Wow! Love all the pictures! Sounds like you guys had fun!
Looks like you had tons of fu7n! I remember that ski slope church, funny. Even you have to admit, Idaho has it's good qualities!:)
Post a Comment