Thursday, March 25, 2010

18 Months Old

I took Kaylee in for her 18 month "well" baby check today even though she had a fever of 102 last night and threw up this morning. I think the antibiotics for her ear infection are making her stomach more sensitive and it doesn't help that she has her daddy's strong gag reflex (last night I squirted baby motrin in her mouth that must have hit just the right spot because it came squirting back at me right in the face. some even landed in my mouth . . . mmm berry).

So, at her "well" baby check I found out one ear infection healed and the other is infected again so we're on our third antibiotic. We're putting off shots for a few weeks till she is feeling better.

Growth: 75th percentile for height (32 3/4 inches)
Just under the 75th percentile for weight (25 lbs)
And her head is in the 95th percentile (19 inches)

So, she's above average for height and weight but quite proportional with a bigger head. Maybe that's why she's a little wabbly when she walks =) I need to be better about feeding her vegetables. Even if she doesn't eat them, I will just keep offering. We love our sweet little toddler. She has so much personality and is starting to talk a lot more. I'm going to share a video of her and try to list out the words she can say so I can remember them.



This video shows how chatty she can be and how much she likes her buddy Landon.

18 month vocabulary:

Mama, Dadda, Papa, Nana, Katie (Kakie), Landon, baby, go go, bye, hi, Kaylee (Kayee), uh-oh, bath (bah), ball, waffle, apple (appee), up, please (peece), nose, no, hungry (hungy), more, dog (dah), water (wa wa), one, shoe, cheese (cheece), help (hep), happy, amen (amee) kitty cat (ki-kat), yeah (32)

I may be forgetting something, but those are the ones I can remember for now.
Socially she is very friendly, saying hi to perfect strangers and blowing kisses to cashiers, pharmacists, doctors, family members, friends and anyone in her path. She loves her buddy Landon and has been hugging him multiple times per visit. She has become even more affectionate with Joel and I as well. She will also let you know if she disapproves of something. Wow can she give a dirty look. She has the sweetest smile when she approves, which is most of the time.
She loves to dance and busts a move every time she hears music. She has even started singing into anything that looks like a microphone and I'm not sure how she figured that out. She finds daddy's deodorant and pretends to put it on her armpits. She really is watching and learning all the time!We love you Kaylee!

4 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

she is such a cutie with all her talking and loves to landon- i just hope she feels better soon! she's had more than her fair share of illness!

Nancy said...

Waaay too cute! Get better soon Kaylee!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

she is growing up so quickly, isn't she? when do you find out what you are having? i am so excited for you guys!

Kris said...

She's adorable. I stpped in from facebook to vote in your poll