So, this has pretty much been the best birthday I can remember. Why? First of all, I had extended family around for pretty much the first time since my senior year of high school. On Friday, my mother and father-in-law were still in town, along with my brother and sister-in-law, Hendo and Katie, so we did a lot together. We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, which always reminds me of home. . . ah, Southern cookin'. After breakfast we went to the Phoenix zoo and spent about 5 hours there. It was a beautiful day! We got to see the lions AWAKE, which almost never happens (lazy cats). We also got to throw carrots to the elephants and Hendo was the only one to throw it far enough for the elephant to get to it right away. He's really got an arm!
Kaylee had a great time hangin' with her Aunt Katie and Grammy (whom she calls Nana).
After the zoo, we went out to eat at Serrano's, a Mexican restaurant we had never tried. It was really good, but wow was the food SPICY! Joel got the servers to sing to me and I scored some fried ice cream. Will I return the favor in June? =) After dinner we went back to our place for ice cream and cake my m-i-l made for me . . . mmm.
In the top left photo I am pretending that my gift is super heavy because everyone was trying to psyche me out that my gift was going to be a glider chair and not an ipod touch. Well, I got the ipod touch and bought the glider chair with birthday money from the g-parents and my dad and Lisa. I am loving my ipod and chair! I also got a movie I've already watched 3 times and some clothes I've also already worn. Yay for birthdays! I really felt loved!And that's not all! Saturday, Joel and I went to see "Blind Side" then got my free burger from Red Robin and my free ice cream from Cold Stone. Thanks to the Wrights who watched Kaylee for us! We want to return the favor!
Finally Sunday was my actual birthday and I got sung to in primary, had a couple Relief Society visits, and then had dinner at Aunt Lori's (Chicken Picata, Spinach Cheese Ravioli, Garlic Bread, Salad, and my favorite . . . Costco Cheesecake!) I despise most store bought birthday cakes, so this was perfect!!! And I'm still waiting for my mom's birthday card. Wow, I think we should celebrate birthweeks every year =)
Thank you all for making my birthday memorable!

3 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a fun weekend!
Looks like you had quite a birthday weekend. Glad that we were glad that we were able to share some of it with you!
I think we all enjoyed your birthday! It was lots of fun!
Post a Comment