Friday, January 13, 2012

Something Fishy

We are not big fish eaters around here, never have been, but I like to try new recipes often to keep things interesting. So, this week I decided to try cooking salmon. I have never prepared my own fish so it was an interesting experience. It really wasn't hard at all. Unfortunately, I probably won't be making this healthy dish again for a very long time! Joel is grossed out by fish, which wasn't the worst of it. I got a terrible migraine the next day, which was probably from the sauce but it didn't make me want to eat salmon any time soon. This same day Kaylee wasn't feeling so good and ended up vomiting in the middle of the mall right by the Disney store (and for the rest of the night). Yikes! She is finally feeling better.

I think we'll have cheeseburgers for dinner tonight. =)


3 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

bummer for being sick! we LOVE salmon, oh my goodness. probably our favorite meal if we could afford to make it whenever we wanted! i'm glad at least you liked it!

Unknown said...

I had no idea you guys were such salmon fans! =) I bet now with Kris' new career you can afford to eat all the salmon you want. I must apologize to the salmon though. Sienna just came down with whatever Kaylee has so I don't think it was salmon related. Miss you guys!

PS I have a few salmon recipes I should share with you =)

Katie and Joel said...

I don't really like fish that much either, but I do like salmon. But the only time I had it was when we went on an Alaska cruise and I don't remember how it was prepared. So I haven't had it since. I liked your story. :)