Monday, January 9, 2012

Lights of my Life.

SUNBEAM!!!
 Kaylee has reached the age of 3 which means in January she got to move from nursery up to Sunbeams in Junior Primary. She was so excited about getting to go to primary (she had a cute little jacket she wore to church too). Luckily I am a teacher in Junior primary so I got to watch her first Sunday in sharing time. She did so well sitting and singing. My favorite part was when the sunbeam class went up to the front to sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam". All the kids crouched down like frogs and leaped each time they sang "beam". She is so proud of herself for being in primary. I can't believe how grown up she is getting! Kaylee is such a sweet and social girl who makes instant friends wherever she goes. This morning at breakfast she said "I like you, Mommy." Oh good, glad to hear that! I hope she can still say that when she's a teenager! =)

I got a new class of CTR's (age 6-7). They are all great kids and it's fun because I know all of their parents.
 For our first lesson, we talked about choosing the right and made shields and necklaces to remind us to keep the commandments.

Joel still teaches the Elder's Quorum (Men of all ages) but they are less fun to photograph ;)
Here are just a few pictures of us enjoying a play date and some delightful weather.

 
 Kaylee and Sienna love playing together and sitting in boxes for that matter. Any time she can, Sienna climbs into the bathtub.
 Kaylee loves these boots and is so proud of herself for being able to put them on all by herself.
 I just love Kaylee's room! This is the girls' reading nook with such great sunlight. They love sitting at the table playing with their fruit.
 Sienna saying cheese!
A little on Sienna lately: This girl loves balls, climbing, cars, strollers, and she gives her baby dolls the cutest little kisses (with loud lip-smacking sounds). She is great with the kitties and waves and says hi when she sees them. I can't believe she is fitting into Kaylee's 24 mos. clothes. She will be 16 mos. old in around a week. Whoohoo! 2 more months till nursery (but who's counting, right? =) She is so smart and funny. She makes this funny face when she gets caught doing something she's not supposed to (not pictured). She scrunches up her nose and shows all of her teeth.
It has been so wonderful watching Kaylee and Sienna interact. They learn so much from each other and get so excited to see one another again in the mornings. I love when they show affection. They are also teaching each other to share. That endeavor is ongoing.

Of course being a stay-at-home mom/wife is work, but it is so worth it for the reward of a happy, well-cared for husband and children. I am grateful for the right to choose what to do with my time and blessed with the assurance that it is my family's happiness and well-being that is the most important and worthwhile goal I could ever have. I can honestly say I love my life, for the challenges and the pay-offs. It is truly fulfilling.

3 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

good post!! i'm glad kaylee did well in primary... landon was a repeat of nursery. sigh. back to that i guess! haha

Unknown said...

Thanks, Megan! Sorry to hear about Landon. I hope it gets better quickly. When does your ward meet? I am thinking Sienna will do better with nursery than Kaylee did at first. Here's to hoping for Austin too!

Katie and Joel said...

Wow I can't believe Kaylee is already a Sunbeam. I am so happy to hear that she did so well. I love this post! So many cute pictures of my adorable nieces!