Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kaylee Marie, 2 and 3 quarters

Joel and I often marvel at Kaylee and what a great little girl she is. We love watching her and being with her. She has such a love and excitement for life. She loves everyone and is so kind and helpful. Kaylee is talented in so many areas.

1. She is a great little dancer. She is known to prance around the house, making up her own moves.
2. Kaylee is the cutest little singer. We wondered when she would start singing because her cousin Nolan was singing complete songs before Kaylee even sang at all. Well it seems not long after she turned two, she started getting into it all on her own. She picks up on melodies by ear and remembers the words. Yay! I am glad that the Switzer choir is growing =)
3. Kaylee is a fast little runner. She is very active and loves to play with balls and other games. Sometimes she will just randomly say, "I wanna run!" And she takes off =)
4. Kaylee is good at making friends. It doesn't matter where she is. Kaylee makes friends. She always talks about Calla and her other friends at nursery. She gets so excited to go to the gym with mommy so she can see her friends in the kids club. The caregivers there are so impressed by how well she plays with others.
5. She is a great eater. Kaylee will eat a good variety of foods and I am so grateful for that. Some of her favorites are any kind of salad, grapes, cheerios, macaroni and cheese, spaghettios, thai noodles, chicken "muggets", "pasketti", "rabatooties" (ravioli) etc. She comes up with silly words for things that make me smile.
6. She is also our funny girl. My favorite lately is how she will come and stand in front of you when you are walking to block your path and says "I'm a door". She loves when you pretend to drop something or bump into something. She laughs hysterically. She also loves putting things on people's heads, like plastic bowls.
7. Kaylee is so smart! She can count to 20 and sing her ABC's and she seems to understand things beyond her years. She can fill in the words to lots of her bedtime stories and can even make up her own stories. She is such a great talker and can express just about anything. One of my favorites is, "Mommy, I had a great day!"
I could go on and on, but suffice it to say we absolutely adore our Kaylee and are so glad she's ours!!!



2 comments:

Joel said...

She's so fun! Thanks for documenting all of her cuteness, It is sure nice to have it all down somewhere!:-)

Katie and Joel said...

I love reading these. I like reading about how she is doing since I can't see her as often as I would like. :)
I miss you guys! Can't wait to see you soon!