We mostly use this blog for pictures and commentary but we also use it as a journal. So here's a bit of what life looks like for us right now.
I am currently working part time as a server at a Mexican Restaurant. The schedule works so that we don't ever need a babysitter and we can do it with one car. It has been interesting going back to work after 3 years. I could write a whole post just about that. Over all, I am grateful for the job because it allows me to help my family when we need it. Balancing family life and work life and getting very little fun time has pushed me more than I knew I could be pushed. We are just taking things one day at a time.
Joel is still working at the hotel and looking for promotions constantly. Recently a co-worker said she couldn't do night shift for health reasons and gave zero notice. So instead of splitting the burden, they just shoved Joel onto the graveyard shift. It has wreaked havoc on our sleep schedules and over-all sense of well-being, but they have found a replacement and it appears the chaos will soon come to an end. We, however, do not expect things to calm down because we just know better than that from experience. We will just roll with the punches.
With starting to work nights came the end of me and cub scouts and the beginning of being a Primary teacher. I teach the 6/7 year olds. My class is made up of 5 girls and 2 boys. I LOVE being their teacher. They are such great kids and amaze me with their memory of stories from the scriptures and their understanding of gospel principles. I truly do think they understand what they are doing when they get baptized at 8 years old.
One of the best parts of me working is seeing Joel grow closer to the girls. He has always been a good daddy, but now Kaylee and Sienna are even more comfortable with him and want him much more often. I love watching him interact with them. I can tell that they are more important to him than anything else in this world and that makes me happy.
After 6 weeks of lots of work, we are excited for our upcoming vacation. I'm sure I will have lots to post about when we get back =)
No comments:
Post a Comment