Monday, June 6, 2011

Sienna Isabelle, almost 9 months old!

Sienna is really moving these days! I wouldn't call it scooting because she is fast and really travels. The way she gets around reminds me of a snake! She quickly slithers along. It's really sweet now when she's crying for someone, she can show you who she wants by slithering over to your feet.
 Sienna is such a happy girl! She is sleeping from about 7 PM to 6AM (11 hrs) with two naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Sienna is eating lots of things and loves them all. Some of the things she's been eating lately are beans, cheese, cheerios, cut up banana, halfed grapes, all the usual vegetables and fruits from before, yogurt with applesauce, and any kind of bread! If I really need to get something done, diluted apple juice works wonders =)

Sienna is easy going. She goes to others much more easily than Kaylee did. I'm sure part of it is that she is around a lot more people than Kaylee was at her age. Sienna has been lucky to spend a lot more time with just Daddy, which I think has helped her to be less attached. This is good and bad for mommy. I love that she doesn't have to have me ALL the time, but at the same time I miss being wanted that much. Occasionally I take her to the gym's kids club with Kaylee and she doesn't even cry. Kaylee at this age was hysterical the whole time! I had to stop taking her. I hope this means nursery will not be as big of a challenge for Sienna!

Sienna is babbling a lot. All we can make out is dada (most common), baba, wawa, and an occasional mama. I'm pretty sure she knows what dada means and maybe mama too. Kaylee also imitates her babbling which is super cute.

I love nursing her (except when she occasionally bites, ouch!) and really miss it when I work at night. I don't usually rock her to sleep, but last night I just couldn't let her go. I just rocked and rocked and stared at her sweet sleeping face in awe of how much she's grown so quickly. She has almost been outside of me as long as she was inside me. Babies are a lot of work, but I can't imagine anything in this world being more fulfilling. This time with her is fleeting and precious and I just want to be there for every moment I can!

4 comments:

Joel said...

Such a cute little baby, we are so blessed!

Mandy said...

That is beautiful. I think it's neat to keep track of milestones on your blog.

Katie and Joel said...

I love reading how she is growing! :) I also love seeing her pictures, she is such a cute and happy baby!

Kris and Megan said...

I can't believe she's 9 months!! It goes so fast when they finally come huh? What a sweet little baby. And I loved your list about Kaylee, she is really smart!!