Sunday, April 24, 2011

Accountability: Week 2

Going into this past week, my goal was to reach 5 lbs. lost and control emotional/ bored eating. I know that the second week of weight loss can be tough so I wasn't expecting too much. At the beginning of the week I got 5 canker sores (probably from pineapple and Crystal Light Pink Lemonade). Ouch! It has been terribly painful BUT it has definitely been an appetite suppressant =) I did really well with no sweets except one day where I splurged. I got back on track quickly and there was no negative self talk, just more caution. I researched a healthy calorie intake for nursing and stuck to that for the rest of the week. I gave myself a calories range so it didn't feel as confining as one set number. Some things that help my sweet tooth are sugar free gum and Crystal Light Fruit Punch. It also helps that I don't have an absolute rule that I can't have sweets, I just choose not to have them most of the time. If I really want something, I will have some and then get right back on track with no guilt.

One night, I replaced a classic food favorite, chicken alfredo, with a healthier option called Red Pepper Alfredo paired with a fresh spinach salad. Everyone loved it!  Kaylee had 3 servings and had it for lunch the next day (recipe from "Eat This, Not That"). Also when Joel and I needed to eat out, we got turkey burgers at Carl's Jr.  Excellent! I love making healthy changes with my family.

For exercise I ended up doing 3 walks (3 miles) and 2 elliptical jogs (2.5 miles). So, I feel like it was a good week and I lost 2 more pounds and reached my goal of 5 lbs. lost plus one more! Here's to another week!

Week 2
-2 lbs.
ttl. -6 lbs.
34 to go!

3 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

nice work!! you can do it!

Sarah said...

Great job! I'll have to check out that book...sounds interesting!

Crystal said...

You are awesome!