We recently had a play date with our friends, Megan, Landon, Austin, Crystal, and Addison. We went on a walk to a new park that also has animals nearby! Kaylee loves parks and friends (and so do I for that matter). It was so great to talk and let the kids play. I really respect and enjoy Megan and Crystal and feel so blessed to be friends with them. They are "salt of the earth" kind of people who care about others and truly listen and love so much. There was an older man at the park walking around with a metal detector. My tendency would be to assume he is crazy, but after talking with him and his wife I learned the real story. He goes around to parks in the area looking for dangerous items so kids don't get hurt. His wife said he's found knives and other dangerous things. It is so refreshing when someone chooses to spend their time considering and serving others when it is not expected.
Here are a few pics from the outing.
This was my attempt at a picture of Kaylee and Landon. I think it is so sweet how much they love each other. I was just looking at some pictures of them from a year ago and I can't believe how much they have changed.
We had a great time with our friends and can't wait till the next get together!
Another cool thing we did...
We went to our first book signing. Joel and I both read the Fablehaven Series and Joel just read Brandon Mull's new book, The Beyonders. Joel took the girls while I was at scouts thinking it wouldn't take very long. Well, Brandon Mull is pretty popular here so I ended up getting a ride to the bookstore after scouts so I could help with the girls (thanks again Krista!) while we continued to wait in line. The girls did such a great job with Daddy. I only had to wait for about 15 minutes =) and then we got to meet Brandon Mull. He was really nice and personable. He and his wife graduated from BYU, so we have several things in common. We thanked him for his work in creating literature that is interesting and clean. What a good person. It makes me want to buy all of his books! (I guess we have so far =)
We love doing new things together. Now we can add a book signing to our list of life experiences!
3 comments:
That book signing sounds fun. I just got "The Beyonders" yesterday I think it is great so far!
Ah I love this post :) Yeah that was fun having you guys come to the donkey park! :) Landon does love playing with Kaylee too. All around great day, and how cool you got to meet Brandon Mull! He came to our school and did an assembly when I was teaching in Utah and he told us about how he came up with Fablehaven and choosing art covers for the books, etc. So fun!
Post a Comment