Friday, March 25, 2011

Birthday Week

I have thoroughly enjoyed my birthday week =)  It started the Saturday before my birthday.  Nancy, Mel, and Gail took us to Red Robin for dinner.  We got to watch BYU win and advance to the sweet 16!  Great night.  Then on Sunday, the Lanes got me an ice cream cake and sang to me.  Monday was my actual birthday.  Joel had to work but he came home and showered me with gifts and the Lanes took us out to eat at Oregano's.  Love that place!  It was a nice, intimate dinner (especially since we were sitting so close together =)  I got lots of phone calls from family too.  Thursday was my "Princess Day" where Joel made it up to me for not having my birthday off.  He went shopping with me.  Need I say more?
Then tonight we had two of our favorite families over for dinner, the Wrights and the Burnetts (or Osmond's as we like to tease).  We made homemade pizza and had cheesecake with delicious toppings.  Kaylee had the best time playing with her buddy Landon.  They didn't sit still long enough for me to snap a picture!  I also enjoyed watching Sienna and Addison.  They are just one month apart.  

They could be twins.  So cute.  

So a big shout out to Joel who planned the evening.  It was so great to get together with friends to socialize while the kids got to play.  We love having a house that is perfect for comfortable get-togethers with friends (I have longed for this since I was a kid).  What a great night and a great ending to my birthday week!  Thank you to all who participated!!! 


1 comment:

Katie and Joel said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful Birthday week!